Members News: Oct. 21, 2020
Welcome to the second edition of the Members News!
I hope you enjoyed last month’s info. Please be sure to let me know if you have anything you would like to include in this forum. If you want to share a special upcoming event involving our members or something theater related that might be of interest to folks, please send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On October 8, 2020 the Board met for its monthly meeting. Here are some of the highlights from that meeting:
Board meetings are open to membership to observe. Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 7PM. If you would like to observe, please contact email@example.com. Chris will send you a link to the meeting.
On a sad note, the Players lost long time member Nancy Gasparovic on October 3, 2020. She is greatly missed by her many friends in the PTP family. Here is a lovely write up of her life.
Ticket prices for Musicals have been raised to $20 for Adults and $18 for Seniors, Students and Military. This increase was made because of the rise in the cost of putting on musicals. The royalties, script/orchestral rentals and general overhead has been going up a lot in the last few years and we need to increase the prices to patrons to help cover the costs.
The 301 Derby Dames are sponsoring a “Trunk or Treat” party at the Charles County Fairgrounds on October 24, 2020 from 6-9pm. PTP will be sponsoring a “trunk”. Admission is free and it’s a drive through event. Please consider supporting the 301 Derby Dames and vote for the PTP trunk as the best!
If you are interested in running for the board, please send a brief note to firstname.lastname@example.org. The note should state who is being nominated and contain the signatures of 2 current regular members and the signature of the nominee. Please watch for more details on the nomination and election process.
Looking for ways to support Port Tobacco Players during our closure (we can sure use it!)? Here are some possibilities:
1) Regular donations can be made through our website. Any amount is certainly welcome. If you like, you can specify where your money goes. Maybe you can help pay a month’s electric bill? Telephone bill? Put the money towards the sound system? Your choice!
2) Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List (discussed last month). Go to ptplayers.com -> “Support” -> “Donate” -> and then scroll down to see the many ways you can support your theater!
3) With the Holiday Season coming up, your purchases through Smile.Amazon.com can result in a donation to PTP. Click here to set PTP as your charity on Amazon, or: set up a Smile.Amazon account (if you don’t already have one!), log in, select your charity (Port Tobacco Players) and Amazon will send us a percentage of your purchase price.
4) PayPal has identified PTP as one designated for the PayPal Giving Fund. That means that 100% of any donation given through PayPal will go to us. They will no longer deduct processing fees.
5) Brick Pavers – It’s never too late to get a brick with your name, memory, comment on it! Click here for information on how to purchase one!
6) Purchase PTP apparel! We have hats, scarves, shirts, sweatshirts – all embroidered with the PTP Logo! Great Christmas presents! Click here to shop.
Help me keep you informed. Let me know what’s happening and what you want to hear about. I will do my best to research your ideas and get you information.
– Carol Charnock, Membership Chair
Comments are closed.
Port Tobacco Players